Once an annual occurrence, performance measurement has now become a continual process for employers to measure an employee’s progress toward attaining company goals and their understanding about them. In this post, we talk about 7 performance-related indicators that you should incorporate while developing your measurement system:
- Quality: Quality of work done can be quantified by various ways. For instance, percentage of work volume that is rejected or needs to be redone can be one indicator.
- Quantity: The number of modules processed, sold or produced is a strong indicator of performance. Quantity should not be too much emphasized at the cost of quality.
- Absenteeism: Needless to say that an employee isn’t performing when s/he is absent. Absences can affect the performance of other employees too.
- Timeliness: How fast your employee can perform work properly is another good performance indicator. For instance, in the manufacturing industry, it could be the number of widgets produced per hour.
- Adherence to company policy: An employee, who deviates from company policy, needs to have his/her performance goals properly aligned with company objectives.
- Grooming: Though most employees are aware of work dress codes, there are some who need to be notified. In a larger/corporate scenario, this should be under the purview of employee performance.
- 3600Appraisal: Here, an employee’s performance is evaluated by his/her fellow workers including peers, managers, and members of other teams. This is one of the most expensive and comprehensive methods to measure performance and normally, it’s performed for certain employees.
Copyright 2017 Devin Lloyd. Devin Lloyd is the President and CEO of BizResults Consulting. BizResults Consulting is a full-service human resources management consulting firm based out of Red Deer, Alberta. At BizResults Consulting we partner with you and your management team. We provide you with customized tools to lead your organization and people more effectively. We have a wealth of experience and a team of trusted Associates ready to work with your organization to improve your bottom line. Call us today at 587.877.7797 or visit us online at www.BizResults.ca to book your complimentary Building a High Performance Organization or Managing Absenteeism consultation. To sign up for our Biz E-newsletter, visit us at: http://bizresults.ca/biz-e-news/ . To complete a short survey on your human resources needs, please visit: https://goo.gl/forms/nGYeXvyPP62h1rKz1